|Working location:||Heřmanova 1088/8, Praha - Holešovice|
|Type of employment:||Full-time work|
|Length of contract:||Limited (temporary)|
|Salary:||1250 - 1700 EUR/month|
|Benefits:||Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Education allowance, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours, Opportunity to work up hours, International conferences|
|Required education:||Education is not important|
|Required languages:||English (Advanced)|
|Posted by:||CEE Bankwatch Network, z. s.|
CEE Bankwatch Network z. s.
CEE Bankwatch Network campaigns to prevent environmentally and socially harmful impacts of international development finance, and to promote alternative solutions and public participation. It unites 16 member groups in 14 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Russia. Our headquarters are located in Prague, Czech Republic, but our staff is based in offices across the region. We work with partner organisations ranging from Africa to Central Asia, monitoring public finance projects and promoting environmentally, socially and economically sustainable alternatives. Our diverse staff and its expertise enable Bankwatch to work on a wide range of issues ranging from air pollution to land rights and EU decision-making. Please see bankwatch.org for more information.
Gas Campaigner - CEE Bankwatch Network z. s.
Based in: Central Eastern/Southeast Europe
The campaigner will work on advancing Bankwatch natural gas strategy and will support the work of different teams that are working on the decarbonisation of the energy sector. This work will include both on specific gas projects supported by EU funds and development banks as well as advocacy work related to EU and International Financial Institutions Policies.
The current position opening is expected to assist with our work within the region and at the EU and international level.
- Participate in policy/legislation analysis, advocacy, and provide input for consultations;
- Research and document new gas infrastructure projects and their potential impacts on the environment and communities;
- Produce press releases and communication materials like briefings, reports, studies, blog articles, op-eds and social media content, in close cooperation with Bankwatch’s communications team
- Help support local groups to provide comments and plan campaigns during national-level legislative or policy revisions related to natural gas
- Coordinate with Bankwatch’s partners, in close cooperation with other Bankwatch staff;
- Contribute to annual planning, budgeting, and fundraising for work on fossil fuels
- Represent Bankwatch externally, including to the media and at external events;
- The campaigner will report to and be managed by the Campaigns Director.
- Strong commitment to the values, vision and mission of CEE Bankwatch Network;
- At least three years' experience in working with an NGO at regional or international level, including advocacy work and campaigning on energy and/or biodiversity issues;
- Knowledge of national and/or EU energy, environmental or State aid legislation;
- Experience in campaigning against problematic infrastructure projects and in using the lessons learned to push for policy or legislation changes;
- Experience in managing campaigns including the various responsibilities involved (such as fundraising, research, planning, lobbying, communications), including proven ability to effectively adjust plans to rapidly changing circumstances;
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders from different backgrounds: decision-makers at high- and working-level, MEPs, NGOs, Bankwatch member groups and partners, activists, lobbyists, researchers, media, etc.;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- A pro-active but sensitive and fair approach to colleagues and partners.
Highly desirable attributes:
- Experience in project management;
- Creativity: able to think outside the box and find new ways to the campaign;
- Flexibility: able to attend evening/weekend meetings and undertake travel.
The position is based in any of the Bankwatch or member group offices in Central-Eastern Europe.
We offer a salary between EUR 1250 to 1700 gross per month, depending on location as well as experience. The salary will be subject to the labour tax system of the country where the campaigner will be based.
We offer a one-year contract for the position. Dependent on funding, we intend to continue the post beyond the 12-month period.
Bankwatch strives to provide equal opportunities to all applicants. You'll be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, skin colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability status.
Please apply by sending us your CV and motivation letter by 23rd September 2020.
Interviews are scheduled for the week of September 28th.
Information regarding this vacancy:
Heřmanova 1088/8, Praha - Holešovice
Type of employment:
CEE Bankwatch Network, z. s.
Heřmanova 1088/8, 17000 Praha 7 - Holešovice, Česká republika