|Working location:||Heřmanova 1088/8, Praha - Holešovice|
|Type of employment:||Full-time work|
|Length of contract:||Limited (temporary)|
|Salary:||1250 - 1700 EUR/month|
|Benefits:||Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Education allowance, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours, Opportunity to work up hours, International conferences|
|Required education:||Education is not important|
|Required languages:||English (Proficient)|
|Posted by:||CEE Bankwatch Network, z. s.|
CEE Bankwatch Network z. s.
CEE Bankwatch Network campaigns to prevent environmentally and socially harmful impacts of international development finance, and to promote alternative solutions and public participation. It unites 16 member groups in 14 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Russia. Our headquarters are located in Prague, Czech Republic, but our staff is based in offices across the region. We work with partner organisations ranging from Africa to Central Asia, monitoring public finance projects and promoting environmentally, socially and economically sustainable alternatives. Our diverse staff and its expertise enable Bankwatch to work on a wide range of issues ranging from air pollution to land rights and EU decision-making. Please see bankwatch.org for more information.
Communications Officer - CEE Bankwatch Network z. s.
These are exceptional times for civil society. At Bankwatch, one of the strongest in eastern Europe with 16 member groups and offices in 14 countries, the need to remain in close virtual contact has never been stronger. Whilst many of our activities have moved online, our membership, communities and supporters across the region continue the fight on the ground to bring public finance to account.
The network communications officer will work across the network to identify powerful stories from the grassroots and share them with our audiences. The ideal candidate will also helpful facilitate the goings on within the network, so that the team spirit which drives our campaigns can thrive in these testing times. This candidate will be comfortable working in a remote setting whilst being able to bring online communities closer together.
- Proven track record of developing and promoting targeted online content
- Excellent writing skills and fluency in English
- Audiovisual editing skills with a good eye for design
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the latest trends in digital communications
- Experience realising online communication projects including websites
- Knowledge of environmental and development issues and affinity for the Bankwatch mission
- Familiarity with the region is an asset
- Experience working remotely in decentralised environments; international experience a plus
- Collecting stories and cases from member groups and partners
- Strengthening internal communication of the network and network development
- Promote Bankwatch content through social media and online media outlets
- Develop site copy and maintain content, especially blogs and campaign updates
- Provide Bankwatch campaigns with strategic communications support
The post of the network communications officer is flexible and should be based in one of the offices of our member groups in central and eastern Europe, with a preference for offices in Prague or Warsaw.
Position type and duration
Full time, fixed contract until the end of 2021.
Competitive salary for international NGOs from central and eastern Europe, based on location and commensurate with work experience: approximately EUR 1250 - 1700 per month, gross.
Bankwatch is an employer respectful of and committed to the overall well-being of its employees. Employee rights are respected and represented by the staff council.
Applicants should have the necessary legal status to work in one of our member group countries.
Please submit a CV detailing relevant experience and submit a letter outlining your motivations for the position. Click here ‘to apply’
We will consider applications until 26th October and then on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Information regarding this vacancy:
Heřmanova 1088/8, Praha - Holešovice
Type of employment:
CEE Bankwatch Network, z. s.
Heřmanova 1088/8, 17000 Praha 7 - Holešovice, Česká republika