|Working location:||Heřmanova 1088/8, Praha - Holešovice|
|Type of employment:||Full-time work|
|Length of contract:||Limited (temporary)|
|Type of employment:||Employment contract|
|Benefits:||Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Education allowance, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours, Opportunity to work up hours, International conferences|
|Required education:||Education is not important|
|Required languages:||English (Advanced)|
|Posted by:||CEE Bankwatch Network, z. s.|
CEE Bankwatch Network z. s.
CEE Bankwatch Network campaigns to prevent environmentally and socially harmful impacts of international development finance, and to promote alternative solutions and public participation. It unites 16 member groups in 14 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Russia. Our headquarters are located in Prague, Czech Republic, but our staff is based in offices across the region. We work with partner organisations ranging from Africa to Central Asia, monitoring public finance projects and promoting environmentally, socially and economically sustainable alternatives. Our diverse staff and its expertise enable Bankwatch to work on a wide range of issues ranging from air pollution to land rights and EU decision-making. Please see bankwatch.org for more information.
Communities support specialist - CEE Bankwatch Network z. s.
Communities support specialistDescription:
based in one of our offices in Central and Eastern Europe
A communities support specialist will assist communities and civil society organizations to defend their rights for a clean and healthy environment that might be affected by the investments of international financial institutions
Key elements of the profile:
- Work with communities and organizations in various countries, with a focus on the Western Balkan region
- Support groups in collecting and spreading information on projects by International Financial Institutions
- Maintain contacts with Multilateral Development Banks' staff on policies and specific projects
- Contribute to developing training materials for local communities
- Organising trainings and trips
Key skills and knowledge:
- Experience in community development and support of activists
- Preferred background or experience with Human Rights Work or Accountability Mechanisms
- Experience organizing and administrating of events
- Readiness to work both in a team and independently
- Knowledge of development issues and affinity for the Bankwatch mission is preferred
- Familiarity with the region and experience with working in international organisations is an asset
- Readiness to travel within Eastern Europe
- Knowledge of the Western Balkan region
- Fluency in English is required, any language of southeast Europe is an asset
The position will be based at one of Bankwatch's or our Member Groups' Offices (http://bit.ly/30qOiBY).
We offer a competitive salary for international NGOs from central and eastern Europe, based on location and commensurate with work experience.
Bankwatch strives to provide equal opportunities to all applicants. You’ll be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, skin colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
We offer a contract for a definite time period until 31st December 2021.
If you are interested:
Please send us your motivation letter and CV by 15th April 2021.
To apply, click on the REPLY at the bottom of the page.
Information regarding this vacancy:
Heřmanova 1088/8, Praha - Holešovice
Type of employment:
CEE Bankwatch Network, z. s.
Heřmanova 1088/8, 17000 Praha 7 - Holešovice, Česká republika