|Místo pracoviště:||Heřmanova 1088/8, Praha - Holešovice|
|Typ pracovního poměru:||Práce na plný úvazek|
|Délka pracovního poměru:||Na dobu určitou|
|Benefity:||Notebook, Flexibilní začátek/konec pracovní doby, Dovolená 5 týdnů, Příspěvek na vzdělání, Možnost občasné práce z domova, Individuální rozvržení pracovní doby, Možnost si napracovat hodiny, Účast na zahraničních konferencích|
|Požadované vzdělání:||Vzdělání není podstatné|
|Požadované jazyky:||Angličtina (Pokročilá)|
CEE Bankwatch Network z. s.
CEE Bankwatch Network campaigns to prevent environmentally and socially harmful impacts of international development finance, and to promote alternative solutions and public participation. It unites 16 member groups in 14 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Russia. Our headquarters are located in Prague, Czech Republic, but our staff is based in offices across the region. We work with partner organisations ranging from Africa to Central Asia, monitoring public finance projects and promoting environmentally, socially and economically sustainable alternatives. Our diverse staff and its expertise enable Bankwatch to work on a wide range of issues ranging from air pollution to land rights and EU decision-making. Please see bankwatch.org for more information.
Heating sector decarbonisation campaigner for the W. Balkans - CEE Bankwatch Network z. s.
Heating sector decarbonisation campaigner for the W. BalkansPopis:
Deadline: July 14th 2021 (start date as soon as possible)
Based in: the Western Balkans/ Central Eastern Europe
The campaigner will work as a member of a team working to deliver Bankwatch's vision and strategy on climate and energy. In particular this position will focus on Bankwatch's work towards a fossil-fuel free Europe, with a focus on district heating in Southeast Europe (mainly the Western Balkans). The goal is to prevent the expansion or lifetime extension of coal-based district heating and to make well-justified proposals for sustainable heating sector alternatives.
Bankwatch has been a leading organisation in the campaign against coal in southeast Europe, tackling new coal infrastructure lock-in, as well as compliance of existing coal with the latest standards on air pollution. We campaign against coal with member groups and partners inside and outside the EU, and work closely with key NGO allies in Brussels and at the national level. The need to maintain or extend district heating services is often used in the extended Balkan region as an excuse to keep coal plants running or build new ones. A recent trend is life extension of existing coal power plants by fuel switch - the most notorious example being the recent coal-to-waste switch in Bulgaria. This is a quick fix for coal power plant operators to maintain jobs and keep their business going.
The current position opening is expected to support and expand this new thread of the campaign against coal and to advance positive heating alternatives.
- Lead the development of Bankwatch’s position, expertise and strategies on district heating (coal co-firing, waste incineration, biomass co-firing) and sustainable alternatives, in close cooperation with other members of the coal team.
- Lead regional-level advocacy work on the issues;
- Support groups, specifically in our Western Balkan network, in monitoring, publicising and campaigning on cases of coal-related district heating projects;
- Coordinate activities and strategies with key allies; strengthen the movement against coal and promote sustainable decarbonisation of the heating sector;
- Contribute to annual planning, budgeting, and fundraising for work on fossil fuels, in particular related to district heating;
- Lead on analytical work related to heating (reports, studies etc.), liaise with external consultants where necessary and ensure flow of communication between them and local partners;
- Produce press releases and communication materials like briefings, blog articles, op-eds and social media content, in close cooperation with Bankwatch communications team;
- Represent Bankwatch externally, including to the media and at external events;
- Maintain an overview of the key relevant research, events and policy developments;
- Contribute to the development of Bankwatch’s strategy and tactics on energy issues beyond the specific campaign on district heating in the Western Balkans;
- Coordination of District Heating Campaign team
- The campaigner will report to and be task managed by Fossil Fuel Area Leader
- Strong commitment to the values, vision and mission of CEE Bankwatch Network.
- At least three years' experience in working with an NGO at regional or international level, including advocacy work and campaigning on energy and/or climate issues.
- Knowledge of Western Balkan region
- Ability to present in-depth proposals for sustainable alternatives in the energy sector.
- Experience in managing campaigns including the various responsibilities involved (such as fundraising, research, planning, lobbying, communications), and proven ability to effectively adjust plans to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders from different backgrounds, including at high level.
- Experience in project management.
- Good understanding of European energy and/or climate policy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Motivation to exchange with and learn from colleagues and a pro-active but sensitive and fair approach to colleagues and partners.
- Creativity: able to think outside the box and find new ways to campaign.
- Flexibility: able to attend evening/weekend meetings and undertake travel.
- Knowledge of one of the South Slavic languages constitutes an advantage.
The position is based in any of the Bankwatch or member group offices in the Western Balkans or in Central-Eastern Europe.
We offer a one-year contract for the position. Dependent on funding, we intend to continue the post beyond the 12-month period.
Bankwatch strives to provide equal opportunities to all applicants. You'll be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, skin colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability status.
To apply, click on the REPLY at the bottom of the page. Send us your motivation letter, including a CV, by midnight July 14th,2021
Interviews are scheduled for the week of 19th July.
Informace o pozici:
Heřmanova 1088/8, Praha - Holešovice
Typ pracovního poměru:
Práce na plný úvazek
CEE Bankwatch Network, z. s.
Heřmanova 1088/8, 17000 Praha 7 - Holešovice, Česká republika